Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Feature Friday! With Christine from Christines Baby

I skipped Mon and Wed's posts due to lack of anything I felt was interesting to share and focusing on schoolwork but hope to be back to the regular blog schedule next week!




Today, I am thrilled to introduce you to Christine from Christines Baby on Etsy!  She has an absolutely adorable and original selection of children's items-Enjoy!
 
Tell us a little about yourself and how your shop came into being:


Hooded Towel
About 2.5 years ago, I became a stay-at-home mom after working my entire life. Before children, my creativity was poured into my day job - I was in sales, and was responsible for creating a lot of my own marketing materials. It was nice to have a break for a while and to focus on raising my first son, but when I became pregnant again, I felt this absolute *need* to make him a layette. So I did – I made blankets and burp cloths, hooded towels and washcloths. And then I started to make them as gifts for friends who were pregnant when someone suggested that I should try selling them on Etsy. Thus, Christine’s Baby was born! As my children grow and change, so do the offerings in my shop. I’m no longer just making baby blankets, but clothing, accessories, and goods for the home as well. I’m also now offering embroidery, monogramming, and applique thanks to my new sewing and embroidery machine!


What inspires you?

Fleece Mittens
My children inspire me to constantly do more, and to do it well. My oldest son loves to go to the fabric store with me and has a really great eye for color and pattern. He will find a fabric or a piece of ribbon and tell me I need to make something with it (which is how my Pirate Shorts came into being). And I love to be challenged – I’ll see a picture in a magazine or a piece of clothing in the store and think, “hmmm. . . I could do that!” And then I just have to go home and try!


What do you like to do when you are not creating?You can usually find me at the park with my kids! My husband and I also love to travel, and we try to get to the Caribbean at least once a year. We also love good wine and visiting Napa (so beautiful, no matter what time of year it is!)

What is your favorite item that you've created?


Waterproof Diaper Clutch
I have so many favorites! The most functional item I created for *me* has got to be the water-resistant diaper clutch. A year ago, I was constantly on the go with my son and would throw a water bottle in my bag along with my phone and some diapers. My phone and diapers would always get soggy from the condensation, and I couldn’t find a product at a reasonable price point in fabric that I liked that would protect my diapers and phone. So, I designed and made the diaper clutch. I still use it in my purse today (and have sold quite a few!) My new favorite has got to be the princess shirt/ruffle skirt outfit - I don’t have girls of my own, and it was fun to make something so frilly!


Favorite purchase or shop on etsy?

I love to browse the treasuries. They are so much fun, and introduce me to new shops and ideas. There are so many creative people out there!

Onesie Dress

Any local events coming up that you will be selling at or shops where your work is displayed?

Unfortunately, no. I’m hoping to start doing some craft shows within the next year, but nothing in the near future. But I do love doing custom work (whether sewing or embroidery/applique)!


 
 
If you would like to contact Christine or keep up with her newest creations, find her here:



Thanks Christine!

If you would like to be have your business, blog, or website featured send me an email at mastarkey81@yahoo.com or convo me through my Etsy shop!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable creations! I love all the themed items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feature, that diaper bag is amazing! Happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete