Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Projects, Mommy Inspiration, and Treasuries!

This week has flown by, but don't they always?! I kind of dropped the ball on my projects. Yesterday got away from me and by the time the kids went to bed, I just could not get myself to into the dining room. I think the cold, rainy weather had something to do with it! Anyway, I finished one tote and am hoping to get the other one done today. It would be wonderful to finish the cat towel and pot holder on Saturday, but you know how that usually goes!

I am super excited to see what Kim and Diane have planned for the next quilting challenge! They will post it over at Persimon Dreams on Sunday!

So,earlier this week, our pastor sent out an email about being a stay at home mom. The author explained how we tend to take on almost a martyr-type role, and exclaim that it is the hardest job in the world. The author basically gives a reality check, that while certainly hard and exhausting, no it is not the hardest job in the world and is actually a blessing compared to what some jobs entail. It was a gentle reality check, not harsh at all and was just what I needed to snap out of my rotten mood. For some reason, Ihad woken up just grumpy towards the world and everything the kids did was driving me crazy. Ever had one of those days?! I had been trying to talk to myself about all I had to be grateful for and how I really had no reason to be grumpy. I guess this article was just what I needed to help snap me out of it. It truly is a blessing to stay home with the kids and even in the midst of one of their bad moments/days, it is still a better job than many others out there! I'll link up the article here.


Well, that is about all I have for today!

If you would like to look at some precious treasuries I was featured in this week, here are the links (and if anyone can explain how to post the actual treasuries here, I would be so happy):

Hearts, Hearts, Hearts!!!

Memories are Made of This

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

And remember, if you would like to purchase something I have made, would like an explanation of how I made something, or just have a general question, you can email me at mastarkey81@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, we all have those days. Sounds like the email was the perfect thing to lift up your day :) Good luck on finishing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of many blogs I've read today where this past week has been less then wonderful...must be the weather.
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete