Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Works in Progress-Sewing and Potty Training

Mid-week!  Hoping to get the boys outside for longer today because it is supposed to be so nice out.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be cloudy/rainy plus I have a dr appointment and my 4 yr old has his first dentist appointment.  He is a little nervous but my husband got him excited/okay with it, at least temporarily.  So, we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, today is work-in-progress Wednesday So hopefully the pictures will load.

My two main projects are both pink.  The first is my friend's spring bag.  I just need to figure what I am using for the lining and straps.


My second project is for a quilt challenge-a square in a square in a square.  The quilting challenge comes from Kim over at Persimon Dreams and this is the first week's challenge.  I know I said in the last post I was going to do a set of potholders but I couldn't resist going bigger and doing a table runner.  I am thinking I am going to add white inbetween the squares and around the edges as a border. 

I was hoping to actually finish the squares but am happy with what I accomplished yesterday given how many times I had to get up for my non-nappers during nap time.

Speaking of one of my non-nappers...my two yr old could be considered a work in progress with potty training.  He keeps his pull up dry all day and has even conquered number two.  But, when he has big boy underwear on, he has accidents.  With my older son, once we made the switch, he was good to go with no accidents.  So, this back tracking is kind of new to me.  I think the main thing with him is he doesn't feel like taking a break from playing to go potty and is not bothered by wet underwear.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make sure to have him go on a more regular schedule.  He will get it eventually.  I was just hoping for a nice, quick, and easy transition.  :) I will be linking up to Freshly Pieced so be sure to see what others are busy creating and have a great rest of the week!

3 comments:

  1. Your friend is a very lucky person. The bag is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The square in a square blocks are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those square blocks. Cool! I have two girls so we are a big pink lovers. And good luck with the dentist.

    ReplyDelete